Similar experience others have had-salesman came into my home after measuring gutters on the back of my house. After a lengthy presentation involving a full bag of competitors’ products, binder of info, video, etc.

I informed him I just wanted to know how much it would cost. I was astounded to hear the price was nearly 7 times what I had just paid for the new gutters! When I expressed my disbelief, he started recalculating and eventually arrived at a figure less than half his original quote, which was still way more than I was willing or able to pay. I explained this to him 4 times and tried to end the conversation, but he wouldn’t give up.

I thanked him for coming over and even apologized for not realizing ahead of time that it would be so expensive. He told me I should have known it was going to be costly. He said he couldn’t believe I wasn’t accepting his lowest quote and that no one else turned him down all week. When I pointed out that no one is perfect, he assured me that he IS perfect.

After further attempts to get him to leave, I finally offered to help carry his things out. He finally packed up but never stopped trying to get me to change my mind. Before he had his second shoe on, he tried another sales tactic involving a payment plan.

I shut the light off & walked away, but not before hearing him yell back, “Thanks for ruining my Saturday!” Wish I had read these reviews before agreeing to the “free estimate”. I will not do business with a bully.

Product or Service Mentioned: Leafguard Sales Representative.

Comments