Since October 2009 I have contacted LeafGuard gutters several times to fixmy gutters. The rain runs behind them, leaking down through the porch ceiling. The porch posts were covered with ice this cold winter.

They finally came 3-3-2010 to inspect the gutters. The manager, Cary Pesce, came and stating my house was old with a crocked roof line making the gutters to be dropped looking very crooked from the street. They say nothing can be done.

The warranty states if they say it is installed correctly then there is nothing I can do and the warranty doesn't cover any problems with their installation. Thier installer used cauking along the roof to stop the leaks.

They say it is all due to the old home and roof. Now my insurance company is questioning their coverage on my home owners policy. My agent states that the gutters are the problem and I am not the only or first person to have problems with LeafGuard gutters.

I may soon be without home owners insurance. I hope this doesn't happen to me or to any other home owner who uses LeafGuard Gutters,

Review about: Leafguard Installation.

Comments

Now that's what we call great customer service! If your product creates unexpected problems, grab you housecoat, slippers, and a broom.........It's time to out in the freezing cold and knock the ice off of my overpriced gutters.

The problem was probably bad enough, then some great words of wisdom from a member of the leafguard team.

I've been reading these complaints tonight and find the customer service distubing but the responses are entertaining to say the least. It's obvious that Susan works for the company, and I'm amazed that someone at headquarters hasn't put a gag on her, she causes more trouble here then she's resolving.

All I can say is....if it is installed correctly, it should work. The person talking about the top of their fascia rotting is probably a result of improper install or improper installation of how the shingles lay on the fascia.

I have installed hundreds of houses with positive feedback. If there is a problem with the install, we have a full time service man that can readily address your problem. To make sure were are all the same page, Leafguard is a ONE PIECE design. Many people think anything that is supposed to stop leaves is called 'leafguard' or 'gutter guard'.

Those who have had any problem with LEAFGUARD need to contact their local office and have their problem resolved.

The number is 1-800-Gutters. Hope this helps

I was considering these gutters but I'm glad I found this site, I won't be wasting my money!

much, much worse than the old open gutters that they replaced and which could be simply cleared by hand. worst investment i ever made in my home.

We've had LeafGuard gutters for 6 years now. I think they might be OK for houses with no pine trees nearby, but they are the worst if you do.

We got LeafGuard because our house is surrounded by huge pine trees and the promise was that pine needles would not clog the gutters. Moreover, one side of the house is 30+ feet high, making it difficult to clean the gutters, so it seemed to be a no brainer.

Well, LeafGuard gutters are far more work. The pine needles and general dirty muck build up along the ridges causing the water to flow over and not into the gutter. It's practically ruined the roofing on a lower section of the house from the dripping.

Also, if it rains hard, the water flows right over causing drainage problems for us on the driveway.

I have to go out every time it rains and try to wipe down the edges so the water flows smoothly. How many times I've been out in a rainstorm doing that? Too many Ugh. The point of LeafGaurd gutters is so you shouldn't have to go out and clean the gutters to work.

I use a painter's pole with a duster attached to the end to wipe off the grime since it was impossible to clean without ladders, but still. If I don't do that, the water just flows right over and onto the the ground, deck and lower roof.

I will never use them again. They are more work than regular gutters and don't work really.

noelle70

allstate leaf guard is horrible. I had the leafguard installed on my house 5 years ago.

last year, the gutters were all needed cleaning. I called the contractor in rockland county who installed them and he gave me the run around all summer. so I waited until this year. I called again and he went out of business.

I called the contractor in westchester and he promised to come out each week. I called Memorial Day weekend and now it is mid August. He hasn't come out and he is ignoring my request. I am taking the gutters down and replacing them with regular gutters.

the problem is no other gutter cleaning service can clean them because of the way they are attached. Stay away

horrible product. I paid a lot of money 5 years ago to have them installed.

last summer (2010) I noticed that they were clugged in several areas. I called the installer and he gave me the round around the entire summer, never came out. I waited and called in the spring, the installer went out of business. I contacted the next closest installer and he has refused to come out to clean the gutters (i've been calling for 3 months).

I am finally having them removed.

I've spoken to several other individuals who say that these gutters are the worst. I would not recommend at all :cry :cry

horrible product. I paid a lot of money 5 years ago to have them installed.

I am finally having them removed.

As A former Installer of LeafGuard here in the mid-west, that 1/4 lip on the back is the top of gutter. You put that lip to the bottom of the shingle's, and every 10' you drop gutter 1/4 of an inch(keeping one end high) you then measure the distance from the bottom of shingle's to the top of hood.You then make the flashing that covers that 1/4 at the top to the remanding distance at other end , You the take zip screws that are self tapping screws about 1/4 inch long, that only penetrate the flashing and the 1/4inch lip at top of gutter.

The problem I seen, is when they tuck under the shingle's they either rip, or crumble. Water will and can find its way in. The ice Problems can be many things, Water can freeze and unfreeze on top of the hood making the water sliding off unable to go in the trough. Other is Any imperfection's such as, dents from hail or branches.

Or vents on your roof with soffit vents if you can.

That helps the melting at the gutter line to minimize the ice. Hope that helps

Dear LeafGuard User in New England: have you considered the simple solution of knocking the icicles off when they begin to form with a broom. At least the ice is on the outside of your gutter rather than inside the trough like your neighbors. You have icicles - your neighbors gutters could fall off from the weight of the ice.

Sees to me you have the better gutter.

After several winters I have decided that Leafguard gutters cause icicles to form in a way that I never had before. Right now I have icicles all along the front of the house about 2-3 feet long, and there is constant ice on my door step that I never had before and that is very dangerous to visitors.

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #152662

My neighbor had to take the Englert LeafGuard gutters off the house and repair all the wood damage at the top of the fascia it caused because the top portion of their gutter is a little more than 1/4 of an inch. The water splashed up to the fascia and since the shingles over hang, they ended up with lots of wood repair.

They actually put another gutter system on their home I think it was called GutterShutter and they say it is the best on the market. I don't know, trying to do research myself to see.

It seems that those who complain about this product can hardly string together a correct English sentence. While those who favor it seem well spoken. So, is one to believe that if you're an illiterate ***, you’re more likely to be taken advantage of by a fly-by-night, underhanded contractor, or have a basic structure that is so unsound that the gutter is the only well maintained feature of the home?

Hmmmm….

I have had leafguard gutters for 4years now and they're by far the best product on the market. I also am a contractor and have been for 23 years. My brother has been a home inspector for 19 years and he also swears by the leafguard gutters and says there is no better way to keep the needles and leafs and nothing else prevents water damage the way they do. We would both highly recomend the product over anything else on the market.money well spent if you care about your home

no better way to keep out the needles and leavealeafs and protect your home

I am in South Carolina, and I have Lead Guard and I love it! I think it's the best gutter system there is!

Leaf Guard is maintenance free, if there are any problems, all I have to do is call. The guys are very professoinal, friendly, and pleasent to work with.

I'm a contractor here in Kansas City area , I advise any one to stay away from the Leaf Guard product. The gutter it's self is to small and they try to and extra down spouts in to get water away.

The biggest objection is they are hung too low compared to your roof line, wich will cause water over shotting or water in your home. I have seen many of there installs cause damage to homes. From my understanding people are paying BIG bucks for Leaf Guard. I haven't heard any thing good from Leaf Guard customers in Kansas City.

Heads up Folks. Watch them