Lexington, Kentucky
1.4K views

Six years ago Leafguard gave me a quote to install gutters. At the time I told them that we really needed wide, 4"gutters because our roof was so steep.

The man giving me the quote told me that all their gutters were 4" gutters. I was also told that some trim on my soffets would need to be removed in order to install the gutters but that Leafguard had a painter that they could send by the following week to touch up the wood. Once the gutters were installed, I complained that they were NOT the size I was promised. The salesman replied, "Well, they may not be what you wanted, but they work the same!" I waited three years for the painter to come but despite my repeated calls, no one ever came and I finally found someone else to do the touch up.

The Leafguard systen cannot handle the water from our roof and for the last six years we have had water problems. To top it all off, we have continual clogs in the back corners of our deck, but of course, corners are not guaranteed! Yesterday, I finally got a quote from a reputable company with real gutters and the Leafguard gutters are going.

I think they only work on shallow roofs that are very simple in design and have no interior corners. I would have respected the salesman if he had just admitted this and not lied.

Product or Service Mentioned: Leafguard Gutter.

Comments

Similar problem, but stopped payment.

Installed "regular" gutters free.