Denver, Colorado

I have absolutely nothing nice to say about Leafguard Colorado. My wife and I are in our 70's.

It's difficult for me to climb a ladder to clean gutters as I use oxygen. We had very little savings but felt the product was a neccesity. They have installed the wrong width of gutter, twice. The Leafguard had a huge ice buildup over our garage doors.

They "inadvertenly" took our original contract when the service manager came to our house. Then they had the audacity to return a photo copy that had been altered.

WE DO NOT TRUST THEM. Basically we have ended up with the same style and size of gutters over 80% of our house that we started with.

Comments

They are completely unethical. They altered our contract as well.

They also installed the wrong size gutters on our home. We don't even have flashing because the wind blew it away, putting the children in our neighborhood at risk. I wish I could offer advice. Sue them.

I, for one, will be more than happy to fly out there and tell the court what they did to me. It's company wide, not just regional.

These people are criminals. Of this I have no doubt.

Thank you for this review, which along with so many others out there, is very detailed in the explanation of the problems this company has caused. I was a bit suspicious of them because of the commercial.

As the guy is describing the product to an 'interviewer', he's sitting with dogs in his lap. He pets and coos at them. That's so manipulative. So if the guy owns dogs and is cutesy with them he must be honest, right?

Shameful. I'll never hire them.

LunaTec

Ed Schmelzer, the salesman with LeafGuard NW in Tigard, Oregon, promised us a full refund if we didn't like the product. No questions asked.

The day they installed the gutters I called to complain. They placed industrial sized downspouts right in front of 2 picture windows. They completely destroyed the aesthetics of our home. They also left sharp metal objects & glue strewn all over the yard & roof. We have animals so this concerned me greatly.

They said they'd move the gutters. My husband flew in from LA where he was working but Ed never showed up. The 2 workers didn't know what to do to solve the problem so left. Today, a week later, I notice a long piece of sharp metal hanging down from the roof in front of our living room window!

After numerous unanswered calls and e-mails, the company calls & tells me they will not honor Ed's promise of a full refund. So it's clear this Ed Schmeltzer lied to us to steal $20,000.00 from us! Needless to say we want our promised refund.

If they damaged the roof, we want compensation for that as well. If LeafGuard doesn't stand behind its promises we'll have no choice but to contact the Attorney General.

@LunaTec

I sure hope you sued for a refund, damage repair, plus all attorney costs. It's a good idea for people to take before and after photos and videos of the home and gutters.

Both close-up and at a distance, from different angles, etc, making sure to include a date stamp or date proof of some sort.

That way no company can say they didn't damage something if things go wrong, or say a certain type of gutter didn't exist prior to installation, or whatever else may happen. Good times.