Greenville, South Carolina
1K views

LIES - CHEATS - STEALS - LIES - CHEATS - STEALS - LIES - CHEATS - STEALS - LIES - CHEATS !!!!!!!

After a very Lengthy Sales presentation from "Bill" of LeafGuard of Asheville (2 hours), I decided to purchase thier system a little less than a year ago. I informed "Bill" that I had just purchased and installed new guters and downspouts the year before, and that I was not realy happy about having them removed, feeling like I was wasting that money.

"Bill" informed me that he would "buy-Back" my Gutters and downspouts, and take that price off the final price. After Measureing my job, and giving me all the "discounts & credits" I was told I qualified for, I was charged $4,019.00 for 110' of Gutters with four 15' Down spouts. My calculations brings that price to almost $37.00 per linear foot.

I was NOT happy with the price but as a disabled veteran, I was just not able to get up and clean my gutters anymore. I was told by "Bill" that I had a Lifetime No Clogg Guaranntee" and that if I "thought my gutters were clogged" to just call the office and they wold get out here right away to service and or clean my gutters at NO charge.

Well about 6 months after they were installed I noticed that water was POURING out of the front two runs of my gutters. So I had a friend/neighbor climb up there and what do you know, they were completely full of Pine needles and various small leaves. I called the office and spoke with "Jan" and was told that I would have to pay for an "inspection" but that the cleaning was indeed free.

Her "inspection fee" was $225.00. Now keep in mind I have just put out $4019.00 LESS than a year ago. I tried to call my sales rep "Bill" and as of this date have left no less than five messages for him with NO return call.

I have since called a local competitor who came out, inspected and cleaned my gutters for $75.00. When I can afford it I will be contacting them to remove Leaf Guard and install thier product. I was also informed that i had in fact ONLY 85 Linear feet of Gutters.

I am about "one step" away from contacing an attourney, it must be some typ of breach of contract.

I have since found out that "Mr Bill"has worked for numerous local companies and has been let go from each for not being honest. I have also found out the "Jan" is the Local owner (she never told me that), and that the person ive been asking to reach to complain too, was the one I was talking too all along.

This company, Lies, by not honoring thier word, Cheats by using deceptive sales tactics, and Steals by over pricing thier product when dealing with Handicapped & Disabled.

One final note, that "discount" I received, was a joke. I infact paid about TWICE as much as all three of the Closest LeafGuard Franchisees, to Asheville North Carolina. All three have given me good advice about contacting Englert, thier corporate office.

Comments

OOPS, that was meant to say $9400 for 200 ft.

Jan, I was just quoted $(400 for 200 ft. that is about $45/ft.

I can buy 18K gold chain for less per foot. Is leafguard made of GOLD?

i had a great experience when i called leaf guard for our church. what caught my eye was the free set of elvis dishes if we got a quote.

so i called and set an appointment and it was wild when the salesman showed up had this big head of hair and sideburns and looked just like elvis. i knew it was him by his big caddy with the bull horns on the hood you know...he was wearing a leather jump suit with a diamond studded high collar...we spoke briefly when he pulled out a couple fried banana and peanut butter sandwiches and with his deep southern voice asked if we could sit down and have a snack so i got the wine and we chatted. he showed me the plate collection which was stunning and i bought the entire gutter system for those great plates...to this day i still wonder if it was a salesman or is elvis still out there like some folks say? you know i listen to my elvis music every night and stare at my plate collection and have never been happier...i feel like i met him and it was like a spiritual thing....but i know it was real because i got new gutters now and all is well...and when they installed them the installers played elvis music and wore similar outfits with the big collars and jump suits and everything...they even set up a mike and sang a few songs each as they worked...it was great...i sure wish i could put more gutters on something because it was so much fun.

now every time i sit in the confessional i wonder if elvis will come in to confess? it gets me real nervous...but some day he just might?

For 96 feet of gutters, our quote was $5300. An additional charge of $618 for removal of current gutters was quoted, so the final quote $5918. Just trying to do my homework before making a decision.

Yes, it happened to me too. I am a paraplegic vietnam vet with one eye, incontinent, studder, on full disability, have agent orange disease and on oxygen.

i should have known when that long haired hippy looking guy came to see me that he didnt know squat but i still thought it was a good idea since he told me i could plant my seeds in them and they would grow great plants and i would be able to pick the buds from my wheel chair in the front yard and smoke them...now after we smoked a bone i thought it was for real you know...but now nothing is growing in them...like its a rip off..how do they get away with it...when i call service they hang up...like i am bothering them...my aura is like why they call me lucky...but when i think about it on the other hand...she wore a glove!...so lets not dwell on it. my thoughts are that when you ice skate on these it will all work out fine...dont worry...be happy...its not the cost of the wine you drink...its the quantity...dont let it get to you....just keep it on track and your good to go since we all know the basic math. i dont think that the when i look at the basics i can see into the future but if the future is what i am seeing then why does the basics mean we are not going to see the future. i guess everyone knows that...so, i might just be repeating whats going on in your head too.

i guess its basic that when you go thru life like that it can be a rumbling for the masses but it wont unravel unless you pull the string...the string is not to be pulled and we all know that drill dont we so lets just say its another day and we all know if it wasnt that it would be night...so if you know that much the rest will come easy to you since you are on track and not afraid to tell people what they need to do when they ask you all about it after you meet them and they know just who has the answers to all their questions regarding this.

my knowledge is vast as you know so i am not afraid to tell folks....just remember when the sun shines in its not orange juice...everyone i tell that to remembers that and thanks me every time they see me. now not everyone can see me since i am in my house allot so what i mean is if i am outside and they see me then its all obvious you know...so i am not saying they can see me in my house since my shades are always closed and no one can see thru them so i hope i made myself clear and didnt confuse you...my hope is that when you really want to get there you can...so lets all try to get there so we can be there since you dont want to not go and we know that your not just fooling around but serious...well this is good and relaxing so i am going to unscrew the cap and go for the quantity not the price and thats good enough advice right there to write down and put under your refrigerator magnet so you see it all the time...people thank me for that advice when they see me...so ride the wave and let us know all about it since the water is fine and the moon is at your back.

Now this is the story all about how My life got flipped, turned upside down And I'd like to take a minute just sit right there I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel-Air In West Philadelphia born and raised On the playground where I spent most of my days Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool And all shooting some b-ball outside of the school When a couple of guys, they were up to no good Started making trouble in my neighborhood I got in one little fight and my mom got scared She said "you're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air". I begged and pleaded with her the other day But she packed my suitcase and sent me on my way She gave me a kissin' and she gave me my ticket I put my walkman on and said I might as well kick it First class, yo this isn't bad, Drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass Is this what the people of Bel-Air livin' like, Hmm this might be alright! I whistled for a cab and when it came near the License plate said "Fresh" and had a dice in the mirror If anything I could say that this cab was rare But I thought nah forget it, yo home to Bel-Air I pulled up to a house about seven or eight And I yelled to the cabby "Yo, homie smell you later" Looked at my kingdom I was finally there To sit on my throne as the prince of Bel-Air.

Ill clean your gutters ANYTIME, Jan. ;) dat ***

It's always been a fantasy of mine to be a sex slave for 2 bears, male and female, pleasing the male when she's tired, and vice versa. Slowly sliding my lips up and down his thick shaft, tasting his pre-*** on my tongue.

Once he's had enough of that, he rolls over onto his back, lifting me up as though I weighed nothing. Gently placing me on his c***, I guide him in, feeling him stretch me wide open. I moan with pleasure, feeling him fill me up. He growls softly, I feel it rumble deep in his chest, vibrating all the way down his body and through mine.

He continues to lift me up and then pull me down. He's doing all the work for me, it feels so good, the warmth of the fur, his paws either side of my waist. He is in total control, I'm just nothing compared to his vast size and strength, but I have total trust in him, I know he won't hurt me. I feel the pace quicken, almost imperceptibly.

I slowly stroke myself, feeling myself nearing the point of no return coming closer with every stroke. I can hear the growl getting louder now; he speeds up even more, forcing me further and further down onto his thick c***. If it wasn't for the fact I my body is releasing so many endorphines, I would probably be screaming in agony. Except I am panting and whining, just like a b****, begging her mate to fill her up.

His claws dig in deeper, the pain, its excsquisite. It sends me over the edge. My head goes back, I let out a short grunt, I feel my c*** explode, covering his chest fur in my seed. I keep stroking, it looks as though I'm trying to rip my c*** out.

I let out another grunt, another torrent flows forth, then another and another. A drop lands on the beasts muzzle. He seems confused for a moment. That's what I think.

He digs his paws in even harder now and slams me onto his c***, I feel his grumble turn into a roar. He's ***, oh my god. I can feel in, filling me up. It's undescribable.

He's mating with me, he's claimed me. I feel him slow, his c*** still throbbing within me, it seems as though there's no more room for his ***. It's dripping out of me, onto his fur. I reach down, and then bring my hand up, tasting him.

It's more than I ever expected. It's heaven.

THIS IS *** ***

" Our rating is an "A" on the Better Busines Bureau." Anyone can get an "A" rating with the BBB if they simply pay the BBB to be listed and they will give you an "A" rating! :( :(

Leaf Guard sells for $10.00 a foot to $45.00 a foot depending on the dealer.

Beldon Roofing garners over $35.00 a foot in at least 8 of their markets.

Simple fact, get a gutter guard that does not have a opening. If it has an opening, it will eventually clog.

The biggest problem here is the fact that gutters go unnoticed by most homeowners and they do not realize they have a major problem until after the problem has surfaced.

There are many many online complaints regarding this product. The question should not be will LeafGuard fail. The question should be WHEN will it fail. It will. Next time you are at a home and garden show and see LeafGuard, make sure you bring some small debris. Place it on their water display and watch the debris. It goes right inside.

After removing 2 sets of gutter guards from my home, I began researching the internet looking for a real solution. I am in process of getting estimates from the stainless steel micro-mesh guards. They have been on the market for over a decade and have very few complaints. At least I will know nothing can get inside the gutter and downspout.

@Jan Lies

BS this is a competitor trying to mislead. Gutter guards collect debris and eventually cave into the gutter and totally block it.

Leaf guard is a great product that if used on the proper situation and installed by good installers is an excellent choice.

We believe this complaint was written by a local competitor who is trying to mislead consumers and slander our company. In the past two years we have never sold a job for $4,019.00.

We would not charge that amount for 110' gutter. I have never quoted an "inspection fee". We do not have such a fee. If the gutter is clogged, we will go out at NO CHARGE to remove the clog although we rarely have to clean a LeafGuard gutter.

The comments regarding Bill greatly disturb me. Bill is an honest and attentive representative and does not deserve the false comments from this individual. Bill has never been "let go" from any job for any reason. He is a valuable asset to our organization.

Bill responds immediately to every phone call he receives; It doesn't take 5 phone calls to reach Bill. This individual states he has 3 quotes from 3 LeafGuard dealers - This is impossible. As a franchise of Englert, we are only allowed to quote projects that are within our territory. LeafGuard Dealers do not compete against each other.

We value and respect all of our customers and potential customers and have a fair price structure for all. We have been in business since 1960, installing LeafGuard Gutter Systems for 21 years.

Our rating is an "A" on the Better Busines Bureau. We take great pride in servicing our customers and we are the leader in the industry with the Best Product and Best Service.

@Jan

I have dealt with Bill and find your comments accurate.

How long has he worked for you?