Yakima, Washington

i have been on here and listen to the complaints about leafguard ...

heres the truth about leafguard they really dont care about the customer thats why i dont work there

anymore i have been a gutter installer for many years and believe in customer first they only believe in dollar signs the portland office needs approximatly 1,000,000 per month to break even..wonder why it cost so much for leaf guard for material that cost 2.00 a foot and almost all jobs have a problem .i was at our weekly meeting we had 573 call backs to jobs and unhappy customers if you have pine needles they will build up on top of the gutter water will run off and make a trench a foot deep and and splatter mud all over your house..dont use them just go to a local gutter company for gutters and have them service them once a year youll be thousands ahead ...

Comments

Only one comment about gutter cleaning compared to any kind of leaf guard and it is to the comment portion about

(Are you aware how many people (including installers) are seriously injured each year from ladder accidents. Did you consider the fact that if a gutter cleaner falls off the ladder and is permanently injured, that homeowner will be paying for his injuries until he is deemed able to return to work - if he is able to return to work)

Does your product have wings and install itself, you are at the same risk on your install as a gutter cleaner is at his cleaning, So I ask why bring that up at all.

The guy who thinks it will never happen to him, is a fool.

Have a safe and Happy day.

Be Safe

He probably remained anonymous because he was slandering the company and did not want to be sued since he was an employee and probably needed a job and showing his name might hinder that. I believe what he said and Susan thinks because they have a bbb seal of approval that means something.

It does not, just call them and make a complaint and see what they do. NOTHING.

Susan is just trying to save face. I am sure there are happy people with gutter system in Phoenix, but try Portland it actually rains here and it has a lot of trees unlike Illinois.

never did say either system was perfect but I know I went on 10 times more service calls working for Leafguard in a year than 5 years of gutter installing ...that's all ..and as for answer or I should say safe tactic to homeowners such a corporate answer its probably part of your job to look for complaints and try and throw water on them..have a good day

William, sorry but you are so wrong about the liability. Does not matter if the gutter company is insured or not, injured workers file against homeowners as well.

You talk about the damage LeafGuard has done yet we see daily the damage standard clogged gutters do. We will never agree, so what's the point of arguing, but let the homeowners call their insurance companies themselves and find out for themselves that it is irrelevant if the company is insured, they will still go after the homeowner as well.

no Susan not a small company masco corporation is not small its a publicly traded company that's who I worked for and yes I was talking about material not all the rest of overhead understood. the corporate office should do some house cleaning there I don't know if the English Guy is there still i wont say his name as Gm but what a piece of work his line about the customer is quote"buyers are liars"I am sure that you believe in your product and nothing is perfect but I did hundreds of services and seen the damage Leafguard has done but it has worked in many cases and left on good terms actually..but felt it necessary to let people know I've actually started a article I may publish its kinda like soap opera.

so please don't personally attack me. and trying to scare customers with the liability thing about falling off the roof wouldn't happen if they hire a gutter company that has their ins..gutter cleaning fraction of the cost and works great.Susan have a great day

Mr. Anonymous (why don't you use your name?)

I have worked for LeafGuard since 2000 - that's 12 years and what you're saying about

Portland may be true, but it certainly isn't true about all LeafGuard offices. We do care about our customers - hence, the A rating with the BBB. You're way off on the cost of materials too! You're looking at coil cost not including the shipping cost, labor cost,

cost of doing business, staffing cost, etc. If you are just a gutter installer then I suspect you worked for a small company that had minimal operating cost. You advise the person to get standard gutters then pay that company to maintain them. Are you aware how many people (including installers) are seriously injured each year from ladder accidents. Did you consider the fact that if

a gutter cleaner falls off the ladder and is permanently injured, that homeowner will be paying for his injuries until he is deemed able to return to work - if he is able to return to work. It sounds to me like you departed your employment on less than favorable terms and feel your last chance for

retribution is to come on this web site and trash this product. Before you do, find out how many LeafGuard offices exist across the country as well as Canada and how many hundreds of thousands LeafGuard customers exist. Even if Portland had 50 unhappy customers, that is a drop in the bucket compared to the number of happy customers. If

customers are unhappy, they are free to call the corporate office in New Jersey, ask for

Mitch Gaber and they will be handled professionally. I also find it ironic that you refused to give your name but preferred to remain "anonymous". That itself says alot about your comments.