Chicago, Illinois

My son recently took a job passing out pamphlets for Leafguard, they gave him a uniform, drove him and dropped him off in different locations for 3 weeks, he walked miles passing out pamphlets and was promised a wage. He still has not been paid.

Now they are telling him they have to do a background check so therefore he was not employed. Now they have told him they no longer will employ him and will not be paying him. He is not the only one.

Beware to other students who will be a part of this scam. I will be consulting an attorney on behalf of my son.

Comments

LunaTec

Ed Schmelzer, the salesman with LeafGuard NW in Tigard, Oregon, promised us a full refund if we didn't like the product. No questions asked.

The day they installed the gutters I called to complain. They placed industrial sized downspouts right in front of 2 picture windows. They completely destroyed the aesthetics of our home. They also left sharp metal objects & glue strewn all over the yard & roof. We have animals so this concerned me greatly.

They said they'd move the gutters. My husband flew in from LA where he was working but Ed never showed up. The 2 workers didn't know what to do to solve the problem so left. Today, a week later, I notice a long piece of sharp metal hanging down from the roof in front of our living room window!

After numerous unanswered calls and e-mails, the company calls & tells me they will not honor Ed's promise of a full refund. So it's clear this Ed Schmeltzer lied to us to steal $20,000.00 from us! Needless to say we want our promised refund.

If they damaged the roof, we want compensation for that as well. If LeafGuard doesn't stand behind its promises we'll have no choice but to contact the Attorney General.

Bill Weber is full of ***! He was the District manager of Leaf Guard in the Chicago land area for over 10 years, and was let go by the company for MISCONDUCT.

He has been investigated and convicted of fraud and tax evasion.

At the time of his firing he was only hiring members of his Church. I'm sure he is knowledgeable of the inner workings of Leaf Guard, but after working with him I don't recommend listening to anything this man says.

i CHECKED i LIKE BECAUSE i AM GLAD YOU ARE SEAKING AND ATTORNEY FOR YOUR SON. WHAT A RIP OFF.

GREAT CREDIT GOES TO SON THAT WENT OUT AND WORKED AND NOT SAT AROUND.HOPE HE GETS PAID. GOOD LUCK.

My son did finally end up getting paid and was paid in full.

The Chicago area Leafguard office is the worst in the nation, and is a total scam operation! Let this be a lesson well learned for your son.