100 S Canyonwood Dr d, Dripping Springs, TX 78620, USA
6.3K views
Resolved
1.3

We just REPLACED our LeafGuard gutters with a standard rain gutter. We had the LeafGuard system for YEARS.

You'd think if they were that great, we'd buy them again when it came time to replace them. Nope. So, why weren't they so great? Simple.

They don't really work as advertised, and they are WAY over-priced. LeafGuard wants you to think that the water drains into the gutter, but the leaves fall off the top onto the ground. Nope again. A WET LEAF follows the rain right into the gutter.

In time, your gutter FILLS UP with wet leaves. We knew we had a problem when we came home from shopping one spring day, and GRASS and small flower petals were growing out of the gutter. Yup. There were enough wet leaves accumulated to provide a base for stuff to grow.

And good luck trying to clean out that gutter. The slot where the water flows into is so NARROW, it's impossible to get a water hose through.

We went back ro a standard gutter. Yes, they have to be cleaned periodically, but at least you can get a garden hose in them, and they're FAR cheaper than LeafGuard.

Product or Service Mentioned: Leafguard Gutter.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Comments

Larry Taylor
Home Improvement Expert

According to the LeafGuard Frequently Asked Questions page, the Englert LeafGuard gutter system is guaranteed not to clog with leaves, pine needles, or other organic debris as long as you own your home or your installing contractor will clean or repair it for free. You may find more information about the LeafGuard warranties in the article 'Protecting Your Gutters: Gutter Helmet vs LeafGuard'.

You may also share your experience with LeafGuard customers as well as the company top management by posting your comments via the company social networks. All contact information is available on the LeafGuard Customer Service tab on the Pissed Consumer website.

nope

I have had the same experience and I won’t consider them again. Very disappointed.

@Anonymous

Worst tip off ever. Dont know how they stay in bones.

They have all kinds of conditions to cover their butts. Dont buy.

Are you kidding me? $6600.00 for four gutters?

Our original seamless gutters seven years ago were $570.00.

Expected it would it would be more, but but how many times more? Not going there!

Thanks

We had Leafguard gutters on our house for a few years but eventually replaced them with regular gutters with a screen top to filter out leaves. The Leafguard gutters are ok if no trees on property. If you have trees the gutters will get stopped up and Leafguard will not honor their warranty or promises made to you.They are far too expensive to begin with and almost impossible to clean out because of the narrow opening.

tenmuddyfeet

Did you get your money back from leafguard?

This customer is a competitor who is slandering Leafguard

@Joe345

NOPE. NOT a competitor.

You do realize that there is a 100% Free No Clog warranty that allows you to call the Leafguard franchise and have them clean it out for free right? It sounds like a salesman didn't properly inform you...

@James

But they don't come out and fix anything.

HandsomelyFox946
@James

That MAY be true, but I am a consumer that purchased their system on a 1250 sq ft ranch home for $7000 after talking them down from $12,000!!!! This system is garbage, flooding in my basement from a trap system they put in and did not instruct on maintaining nor was it necessary since the water was being diverted away from the house rather than into an underground drainage system.

And now I have mold issues to which I am highly reactive!!

I wish I could have them tear this garbage off my house and get my $7000 back plus the cost of mold remediation!! DO NOT FALL FOR THEIR CLAIM OF NO MORE PROBLEMS WITH GUTTERS OR THEY COME AND CLEAN THEM OUT, IT DOESN’T HAPPEN!!!

@James

I was unaware of that. If it rains hard the rain flows over the gutters - $3000.00!

Leaf Gaurd is great if you just have rain....but if you are in a snow belt area like Colorado you will have a problem. Snow lays on top of leaf gaurd and freezes at night.

The next morning when the sun shines icicles form and by afternoon long icicles are dripping along your foundation with a steady stream of water. By our garage area it was always wet and ice formed on the cement, which created another danger of slip and fall. I spent a lot of money on ice melt.

Would I install them again? NO

@Anonymous

THANK YOU FOR THIS...THAT WAS EXACTLY MY CONCERN. WE LIVE I THE NORTH EAST & WE PURCHASED GUTTER PRO & THE SAME EXACT THING HAPPENS.

THEY ARE FABULOUS IN THE SPRING SUMMER FALLL.....BUT...……..DURING THE WINTER HUGE WITH ANY SNOW OV ER A FEW INCHES......ICICLES HANG OFF THE GUTTER BECAUSE THAT SMALL DRAIN "SLIT" GETS ICED COVERED WITH THICK ICE. WHEN THE SNOW BEGINS TO MELT IT FORMS SOLID ICE AN INCH OR MORE THICK THAT WILL SIT ON TOP OF THE CLOSED SYSTEM SO DRAIN WATER DOWN THE DOWNSPOUT ONLY HAPPENS WHEN A GOOD AMOUNT OF SUN BEGINS TO MELT THE THICK ICE LAYING ON TOP OF THE GUTTER SYSTEM...

Good coment!