Tacoma, Washington
1.9K views

The biggest, most costly mistake I have ever made was purchasing LeafGuard gutters from Costco. My bad!

I researched and believed all the things I read. Could not find any published negative comments. Trusted Costco. Paid the money and yes, I signed the contract that says no return or refund on special order items.

Never again purchase anything I cannot return. Immediately after installation I experienced three problems. Contacted Costco and they called LeafGuard. Very nice person came out right a way.

They added another downspout as the gutters were not dispelling water on heavy rain days. Fixed it. The other two problems now one year later still exsist. All persons I dealt with were nice until they couldn't fix the problems then they just disappeared without any compensation at all including Costco who I feel really let me down.

The gutters drip so badly that you need an umbrella to enter my home or garage. The water splashes back clear to the threshold and has ruined several door mats. Don't even get me started on Christmas decorations or anything at all displayed on porch and decking. The other problem is they pop as though someone were shoting bbs at them.

Those who have witnessed this occurence agree that it seems to happen when the temp changes. Basically I was told I was imagining this in so many words. Many, many letters written to Costco but I have NEVER been compensated in any way or even had my communications replied to since the initial complaint. I have video and still pictures if needed.

Since I have been rejected by both LeafGuard and Costco my only recourse is to tell anyone considering the purchase of this product to look into them.

Take into consideration my experience and others before signing on the dotted line. My entire issue may be simply my bad luck but consumers should be able to hear both sides of a review.

Product or Service Mentioned: Leafguard Gutter.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

I agree. Mine leak also!!