Sammamish, Washington

We had leafguard installed on our newly constructed house 6 years ago in the Seattle area. Service was fine, but be sure to read the warranty...

It is guaranteed not to clog, which it never has... but the problem is all the pollen, pine needles, etc. that collect on the top of the gutter and then interfere with the water tension. The result is the water drips (in heavy rain it is like a waterfall) over the front side of the gutter making them useless.

So they do not clog, but we have to clean the outside of them twice a year. I was shocked when I saw they had earhed a Good Housekeeping seal of approval since I would not recommend this product.

Comments

No, Al, all gutters do not run over when there is an extreme downpour. I live in Portland, 180 miles south of Shalom.

We get downpours here, too. I've had a Leaf Filter system for three years and it's never overflowed. In fact, I've stood under the eaves during heavy rain just to check and have never seen any water flowing over the gutters. And the insides of the gutters are as clean now as the day they were installed.

I did a lot of research before I purchased my gutters, saw all the complaints about Leaf Guard (heard some from a couple of friends, too) and went with the Leaf Filter design. I've been glad I did ever since.

I am a Roll-Forming designer, reaserched the problem of roof components for over 10 years and came up with a simple design of roof protection;(facia,gutter,covers,polen,mildow and ice) problems and prevention. It took me a couple of years to design a cover that will answer the above issues.

Now I have a product that is simple to: install/replace by the home owner. This product will answer some of all the humty-Dmpty of leaf guards groups...

Shalom

I did not say extreme downpour, son. I said heavy rain, which we get a lot of in the Seattle area.

Everyone else, just really think twice about whether this product is worth the money.

All gutters flood like that when there is an extreme downpoor..

If is so bad --why have you invested 3 times?

The Good Houskeeping seal of approval is something that a company buys. If the business has deep enough pockets, they can afford to get the seal.

With as many customers as Leaf Guard has ripped off through the years, they can afford it.

I'm on my 3rd set of Leaf Guard on my house. Terrible design!