Sydney, New South Wales

We had Leaf Guard installed on a brand new two storey house in Sydney and found it useless. The leaves still build up on top of the mesh.

The only way of clearing them was to hire a gutter cleaning service, who charged extra because the leaves get stuck in the mesh. Leaf guard people told me that there were too many trees around the house.

We solved the problem by getting another leaf protection provider to remove Leaf Guard and replace it with one that works. Its been in for 1 year now, with no build up, works perfectly.

Comments

Even the real Leaf Guard gutters do not work, they fill with pine needles and roofing grit. they claim you will never clean you're gutters again because the price is so high they are allowing for all the clean outs they will have to do. after awhile they won't come out anymore and you are out of luck.

Amen...

honeylv

Just had "Leafguard" installed NO MESH!! We had old aluminum gutters that filled up feels like 10 times a year.

The gutters over flowed so bad it was like walking under a waterfall. And the backyard by the foundation would fill up w/water and flood the basement.

BUT A MIRACLE HAPPENED "LRAFGUTTERS" TO THE RESCUE ! NO MORE FLOODING! NO MORE WATERFALLS.

But rid we get sticker shock... you need to figure around $27 a foot including down spouts ect.

Now I don't have a big house but still it came in @ over $5k. So far I like the product am I in love with it @ that price no....

Was it a necessary evil YES!

#209091

We’ve read your posting and it appears as if the product you are referring to is not LeafGuard. LeafGuard is the only one piece, seamless, leaf shedding gutter system on the market.

Due to the success and popularity of LeafGuard many of our competitors call their product a leaf guard in an attempt to cash in on the LeafGuard reputation.

We’re not sure whose product you have on your home but we suggest you contact the contractor or dealer who installed the product and express your concerns. Once again, the product you have on your home is not LeafGuard.

If you’d like to speak with us about installing LeafGuard on your home please visit our website at www.leafguard.com and click on the “find a dealer” link to locate the LeafGuard dealer nearest you

#209087

#208227

I just signed a contract for LeafGuard -- hope it works out ok. The guy who sold the system was way low-key and also was upfront about prescribing -- forgot what he called it -- a sort of perforated surface where my valleys come into the gutter.

But surely not "mesh." Didn't seem fishy at all. I'll be back in a few weeks or months with a report!

#192051

Why do some people want to put down a great product. I am very satisfied with my Leafguard.

The question is, why didn't I do it years ago. I guess I am smarter now.

#192048

We have had Leafguard installed on all three of our homes. We love the product. If we move again, Leafguard will be installed on the new home.

#192044

Leafguard gutters are great. My husband never has to climb on a ladder again to clean our gutters.

Thank you Leafguard. The person who has MESH on their gutters, does not have Leafguard

#190067

Laefguard offers a lifetime warranty against clogging, not against water overshooting their gutter. Their phone lights up like a Xmas tree every time it rains with this complaint.

I don't believe she/he has the LeafGuard product but rather a cheap imitation. In valleys and inline areas mesh is not used.Englert developed a slotted aluminum product that is used in that area. He/She needs to check her contract and found out who sold her "Leaf Guards" as so many competitors use this phrase because LeafGuard is a protected brand name.

When the LeafGuard system doesn't handle the flow in valley's and inside corners, they come back and cut the hood off and install a replacement mesh. This is what happened to me, they never mentioned this might happen when they sold me.

What did you replace it with?

A lot of gutter companies claim to sell leaf guard but only sell cheap screens which are usually mesh. It's just a cheap alternative.

LeafGuard brand gutters are a one piece, aluminum gutter system with a solid hood...no mesh. This sounds like a cheap covering system.