Baltimore, Maryland
1.6K views

We had a Leaf Guard system installed on our home in Annapolis by Leaf Guard of Maryland, Crofton, MD. The installation in 2003 went well, even though they missed sections of the roof in the original estimate and the cost rose from $3,600 to $4,200. There was an initial problem with drainage that they came back and fixed.

I would like to state that I am a calm individual when dealing with service people because I fully understand that they are simply the messenger. At no time during any of my converstaions have I as much as raised my voice. Maybe I should have.

In the spring of this year 2 of the gutter sections were overflowing over the fixed end of the gutter. We called and were given a date for the repair and told it would be "between 9 and 5", but call at 8AM and we would be given a more accurate time of arrival. We called at 8AM and were told it would be before noon.

At noon we called and were told the crew was delayed but would be there shortly. At 2:30 and 4:30 our calls were answered with "they are on their way".

At 5:30PM, the customer service person told us the service manager had determined that the ground would be too wet to do the work that day and he had postponed the service call. (It should be noted that it did rain the day before, but it did not get any more wet as the day progressed. I wondered about the "I checked with the service manager and the crew is on their way" messages.)

We asked that someone call us to explain and reset the appointment. Repeated calls went unanswered.

We called (LG of MD never did return any calls) and got on their calendar for 6/27 with the notice that the crew would be there "between 9 and 5", but call that day for a more accurate time. You know where this is going.

Yesterday, 6/27, we started with the 8AM call being reassured that we were absolutley on the schedule. As the time passed, each of 3 calls was answered with the same guarantee that the crew would be here. The response at 4:30PM told us that they had checked with the service manager and even if it was after 6PM, they would be here.

Again, Leaf Guard of Maryland did not show up. I have spent 2 days away from my job while I awaited the committed arrival of Leaf Guard service people. It is obvious that although their time is important to them, your time as the customer has no value.

We called the Crofton office this morning and as soon as I mentioned that no one from LG showed up for a second day, the office manager got on the phone and informed me that she hears these complaints all the time and we needed to understand what it was like from their side. After listening to her complain, I suggested that in her role, she really should have been interested in what was wrong with her customer. She committed to have someone call me on Monday and the conversation ended when she hung up.

I've tried to email the corporate offices but the email box response is that it is overflowed and will accept no additional emails. When I called the 800 number listed on their corporate web site, it directs you to a contractor in CT. (Who was very polite and gave me a direct number for the office in NJ)

The LG system works quite well when it is installed properly. My issue is with the Crofton, MD office and their demonstrated complete lack of customer empathy and failure to meet commitments.

Product or Service Mentioned: Leafguard Installation.

Comments

Was your problem with Maryland LeafGuard resolved to your satisfaction. I am very interested as I am considering the installation of LeafGurad for my house in Maryland.

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET SERVICE FOR MORE THAN A M0NTH.I HAVE CALLED AND TALKED TO SOMEONE IN THE OFFICE ON SEVERAL OCASIONS,THE ANSWEAR IS ALWAYS THE SAME, WE WILL CALL (WHICH THEY HAVE NEVER DONE) I HAVE CALLED THEM BACK WITH THE SAME RESULT RONALD BARKEL MI. :upset