Sayreville, New Jersey

We have the leaf guard system installed a month ago. Two rainstorms showed us that it was installed improperly since we now have rain pouring in behind our chimney.

Four calls to the installer Long Island Leaf Guard have resulted in promises to come out to make repairs and to call us back. No call back and no repairs. We called the 1-800-532-3482 number for the parent company and the number is disconnected. I am submitting a complaint on line but based on what has happened so far, I am not holding my breath.

We checked out the installer with the Nassau County Bureau of Consumer Affairs and there were no complaints.

Comments

LunaTec

Ed Schmelzer, the salesman with LeafGuard NW in Tigard, Oregon, promised us a full refund if we didn't like the product. No questions asked.

The day they installed the gutters I called to complain. They placed industrial sized downspouts right in front of 2 picture windows. They completely destroyed the aesthetics of our home. They also left sharp metal objects & glue strewn all over the yard & roof. We have animals so this concerned me greatly.

They said they'd move the gutters. My husband flew in from LA where he was working but Ed never showed up. The 2 workers didn't know what to do to solve the problem so left. Today, a week later, I notice a long piece of sharp metal hanging down from the roof in front of our living room window!

After numerous unanswered calls and e-mails, the company calls & tells me they will not honor Ed's promise of a full refund. So it's clear this Ed Schmeltzer lied to us to steal $20,000.00 from us! Needless to say we want our promised refund.

If they damaged the roof, we want compensation for that as well. If LeafGuard doesn't stand behind its promises we'll have no choice but to contact the Attorney General.

amodra

Sorry I did not write back sooner. Our installer finally called back and arranged an appointment a week or two after this began.

It turned out that the installation did not include an extra downspout that was on the old system. Once this was put in, we have have no more problems.

Call 732-826-8614 and ask for Mitch. Satisfaction guaranteed.